Friday, August 10, 2012

The Family

Noah
A couple weeks ago Noah had been talking nonstop about a pj party. She wanted nail polish, pillow fights, pizza, cupcakes, movies, and hot cocoa. Why not do it that night?! We went to walmart and got all our supplies! We had an absolute blast.
She will be starting gymnastics for the first time in September and tee ball for her second year in October! I am beyond excited to watch our baby be part of a team...again!

Graydon
Graydon is as sweet as ever! He loves food, but hates to be fed by spoon. He wants to do it all by himself. We have been cubing and steaming squash, zucchinni, carrots, sweet potatoes, or apples for his meals along with ground turkey and shredded chicken. He can now go from laying down to sitting up! Also, last night he kind of took a crawl. How can you kind of crawl, you may ask? He was on all fours and put one knee forward, then the next. He fell over soon after that, but that's not the point. HA! He hasn't got the mechanics down, but he will get there! He had his medical clearance yesterday, and unlike mine, it went SO well. I love his pediatrician. We see eye to eye on what's best for my children and their health. To be honest, their pediatrician was one of the only things I was going to miss about Luke AFB until we told him where we are pcsing to. He too will be joining us at Aviano except 6 months after we get there! Oh how I hope I can pull him to be our children's pediatrician again!

Kevin
Kevin has been busy at work a lot lately. He is waiting to switch over to days for his final months at Luke. It will be much easier with out processing. He will be testing for Tech Sgt come early 2013. He did a practice test about a month ago online and scored an 80 which is fantastic since he hadn't even studied. Even though most people don't make it on their first time testing since it is the hardest test you test for, I still have faith in him.
He just started his baseball season a couple weekends ago. I think he is realizing this will be his final season playing baseball and will have to switch completely to softball. I won't hear him complain too much I'm sure. Who doesn't love softball?...and beer?

Cheyenne
I have been awesome! I am 1.5 months clean...from the tanning bed! Yes! I have not tanned for over a month. I canceled my membership not only to save money, but to be healthy and healthy looking for my children! Go me! Other news in my life, Kevin bought me a brand new, only 17 miles on it, GMC Terrain! I absolutely LOVE it! Did we absolutely need it? No. Is it safer? Helping us save money and not worry about what we are going to do with the Tundra? Yes. We were planning on selling the Tundra before we moved which meant we would take my Mazda 3. Kevin knew he will get deployed a ton over there, and he knows I will not mope around the house just because he isn't there. Definitely not my style. He also knows I plan to travel with or without him. Which he is glad so that is the main reason we made the purchase. He didn't want me to break down in a country I didn't know the language with a car that had a ton of miles and no warranty. At first, I didn't like the idea, but the more he explained the more I was jumping on board. What if I did break down and he wasn't there? Then what? This car has onstar and a warranty that will hold up in Italy! Plus doing it this way, we killed two birds with one stone so to speak.
Also, I finally took the plunge and bought an Ergo baby carrier! I seriously do not know how the heck I haven't bought one before now. I love it! It is seriously the most comfortable thing I have ever tried on. Even Kevin loves it! Not only is it comfortable, it can hold our 4 year old! Yes, we put Noah in it! Ha! Not that we would put her in it when we are out, I just needed to see if the box was telling the truth! Such an awesome investment for our family!









No comments:

Post a Comment