Monday, June 25, 2012

Re-up

We have been playing it by ear about our up coming travels about moving abroad. If you know me, I HATE playing things by ear. I'm not that kind of person. I need checklists and instructions day of. A few weeks ago Kevin received an email saying he had to re-up or reenlist by July 2nd or our orders will get cancelled. Oy. Talk about crazy, white, lady coming out on Kevin. I know my husband. He procrastinates until it absolutely HAS to be done. Opposites attract? Eh. Maybe? He finally went to the blockhouse to reenlist on June 8th. What he didn't know was it takes 10 days to process the paperwork. Which would be the 18th of June. Husband said he would just go on the 22nd since it was a Friday. Uhhhhhh O.K. was what I thought, but didn't say anything until Thursday the 21st that he needed to go THEN. Thank God I'm always right and he did. ;) When he went they said, the paperwork was gone and needed to have an orginal copy and what not. He texts me this and I'm hysterical. I knew they couldn't do anything until tomorrow which was the 22nd, and ten days from the 22nd is the 2nd. The day he HAD to get reenlisted by or orders are cancelled. Kevin somehow got all the paperwork that day and re-uped on the 22nd. Whew. How stressful. Even more so because I wasn't in the driver seat and had no control over ANY situation. Thankfully, everything is squared away. Now we are just waiting on the 29th of July to get our dental and medical clearance paperwork and the meeting in front of the medical board. I'm so incredibly nervous about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment