Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The name I have chosen is not what I choose.

My sweet Noah Maye's name was decided long before she was thought of. I would say I was 14 years old when I thought about her name. Even at the time, I never thought I would have children. Noah meaning comfort and Maye, a mixture of both my grandmother's middle names, Marie and Faye. I remember when Kevin was in bootcamp we would write these incredibly sweet love letters to each other and one was the names we would choose for our children. Of course, I still was fond of Noah Maye and he wrote me back saying Noah Maye it is. Although I love everything about Noah, I have recently learned the girl version of Noah is Noa in Europe and the Middle East. Short, sweet, and simple. I LOVE it! However, I knew there was a daughter of a king in the bible named Noa, but never thought about the spelling just that a girl had the name of Noah! Which was enough of a deal breaker for me to name my daughter a boy's name. Kevin and I have been talking a lot about the spelling and dropping the H. Heck, when she spells her name to us anyways she forgets the H because it's silent and we constantly have to remind her about it. Even though Kevin and I love her name, we are thinking it may be easier for her to defend her name that it CAN be a girl's name. Especially if she has someone to relate to besides Miley Cryus' little sister, Noah. :/ Oy. When coming down to it, who knows. Changing things through military insurance, SS, and ect might be a hassle. However, it is done daily when people get divorced.

No comments:

Post a Comment