Sunday, September 9, 2012

Our Bucket List.

Kevin and I have never been out of the states. We are looking at this PCS as a way to experience the world and get our kids as cultured as possible. Who knows if we will ever get stationed over seas again. We are going to take advantage. I'm going to write our bucket list for two countries at a time of places to see. If I put all the countries we are wanting to travel to, it will be too much of a read, and I may lose your interest. Please feel free to give me your input on places you've been or been wanting to go. I have a ton, but the more the better. I'll start with where we are going, Italy, and the first city/country we plan on visiting, Paris, France.

Italia
1. Go to Verona and stand under/on Juliet's balcony. (How romantic)
2. Stand in awe looking at The Last Supper in Milan. -Heard it brings tears to most
3. Be in amazement with our mouths open at the Sistine Chapel in Vatican City
4. Stand in front of the Vatican. -You aren't allowed to go in or we would jump on that experience.
5. Visit the Coloseum and take in how much history is around us.
6. Try to push the Leaning Tower of Pisa back up ;)
7. Take a Gondola ride in Venice.
8. Visit Saint Mark's Basilica in Venice
9. Take too many pictures of us in front of the Grand Canal.
10. See the real Statue of David in Florence and "try" to take a picture of it.- NOT allowed at all.
11. Go to Naples to eat Pizza from where it originated from.
12. Walk through Uffizi Gallery in Florence. -One of the most famous art museums.
13. Stand under the Tuscan sun.
14. Visit where Leonardo Di Vinci was born.
15. Make a wish in the Trevi Fountain in Rome.
16. Hike through Aosta Valley
17. Walk through Frassassi Cave.
18. Stand in front of the Pantheon at night.
19. Lie in a Catacomb if I'm allowed (more of my bucket list than Kev's)
20. Walk through/around Sassi di Matera. (ancient town. Never heard of it? Google it!)
21. Go to fairs and bizaars near and far.
22. Get fresh fish and vegtables from our town market.
23. Visit a nude beach. (that's all there is! It's Europe! What do you expect? PCB?)
24. Take a Mediterranean cruise. (starting at 399€ a person for 7 nights. Too good to pass up)
25. Lie on a beach in Sicily.
26. Walk through an Italian vineyard.
27. Try only new foods everytime we eat out.
28. Get the breath knocked out of me when I look at Cinque Terre from a cliff.
29. Pretend with my kids that we are the 'Royals' anytime we visit a castle.
30. Drink the preferred wine in every village/city.

France
We plan on driving to Paris from Aviano. 11 hours is nothing compared to what we are used to driving. Piece of cake. Plus, we don't want to miss the countryside view!

1. Think how wonderful life is when I kiss my husband in front of the Eiffle Tower.
2. Look at the Arc de Triomphe at night.
3. Stand inside the Notre Dame and take our picture with a Gargoyle.
4. Look at the art at The Louvre Museum. (Perhaps you've heard of Mona Lisa?)
5. Walk The Palace of Versailles.
6. Pretend my husband is Ewan Mcgregor at the Moulin Rouge. (Love to go inside, but probably won't happen with kids. Doesn't mean we can't go look at it.)
7. Set up my tripod and Rebel in front of the Luxembourg Gardens for family pictures.
8. Find paintings by Monet in the Orsay Museum.
9. People watch and name pigeons with my babies at Palace de la Concorde.
10. And finally, the main reason to travel to France for our first country of choice is to go to Euro Disney for Noah's 5th birthday!! Lucky kid, how many children can say they went to Paris for their 5th birthday?

Again, please add anything I'm leaving off that is a must see. I will try to do our bucket list of the next two countries next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment